Wednesday

Finding Community

“Simply being with other people who are also seekers and who are involved in the same quest you are is very meaningful.”

One thing I never expected was that the gym community would be so supportive. People were constantly telling me I looked great, and that they could notice I had lost weight. After I lost 50 pounds I gained the courage to start taking group fitness classes. After going to the same class for a few weeks I started to get to know the regulars. Many of these regulars became great workout buddies, and great encouragers. Through the gym I made friends that I would go hiking and kayaking with. Having a community of friends waiting for me at the gym was very motivating and kept me on track. It even turned working out into a fun activity that I looked forward to, rather than a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment