Wednesday

Rock Bottom

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation I built the rest of my life on.” - J.K. Rowling

My rock bottom was when the scale changed from 299 to 300 pounds.

My weight was already preventing me from living a normal life. I avoided baseball games and concerts because I couldn’t fit in the seats. When flying, I was always worried about whether I would need to endure the embarrassment of requesting a seatbelt extension. Once, I stood in a long line with friends for the roller coaster at Six Flags only to discover I couldn’t ride it because the safety bar wouldn’t close. Getting off the roller coaster in front of my friends and the other people in line is, to this day, the most embarrassing moment in my life. My doctor also told me that at my weight of 300 pounds, I should not have children, as the extra weight from pregnancy could kill me.

Realizing that my weight was going to prevent me from living the life I wanted to, left me feeling depressed and angry at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment